Letter to the capitalist and people supports consumerism

Buying water in the food court along with the food, is it really necessary?

K. Arulmozhi.

I am no way good at writing, particularly writing about dreadful experience happened in the most populated place of the city. A big hesitation stood Infront of me but this piece may bring a serious consideration on the petty issue which is impossible to ignore.

March 22 is “the world water day”. You may wonder in which way it is connected to the article which you are reading right now. Exactly before two days of world water day I happened to go to the social hub place in the city i.e., mall near to navalur to watch a movie with my partner. After a long time I had a time to spend time with him amidst the deadline on my project and his work. But the day got turned down because of the following incident.

As a matter of fact we all know that there is a food court in every mall of the city, in no exception the marina mall too had a very long row of famous food shops like KFC, Sukkubai biriyani shop, etc., in that I chose a restaurant”. I placed my order there and asked him to give some normal water as my husband got parched, dehydrated and tired. But to the disappointment what we got is an arrogant and dreadful response from the manager saying “it is a food court, no one here will be providing water and I can’t give water to you”. The unexpected blow from him made me numb and took time to realize what happened at that time. Despite the humiliation, I attempted to teach the fact and rights of consumer to him but his haughty behaviour was totally intolerable. I took time and collected articles which supports the fact, “That all restaurant, Dhaba’s private hotels should provide water and facility to toilet at free of cost, and no charges should be added to the bill and I showed him the supreme court verdict on the new policy. When I wanted to complain to the main branch, he asked me to write in the query box. The matter of fact we all know how query box and queries works in India. Writing queries in the query box is like keeping the phone in mute and talking. he was so reluctant and adamant in his stand and asks for the support from the next shop, that shop owner saw justice in our side and convinced him to provide water adding that no restaurants provide water here. I told him the fact and quoted Sudha katwa’s case and DCDRC’S judgement on the case, but God’s grace, he accepted and tried to be a change. After much argument and stating legal information, I told him, you could have provided water based on the humanity. And added it is my right to ask for the water as a consumer and it is the duty of the restaurant to provide water. I left the place after I received water from him.

People would have thought this is a petty issue and I could have bought a water can but what I saw there is the right of a consumer and the mannerism of the seller. There are other so many thoughts were running in mind like as a consumer I fought for what is mine and achieved it, But how many people take time in their life and think on their basic rights. Is it really necessary to buy water can neglecting the fact of land pollution and water pollution? On the day of water day rather than making campaign and videos we can consider this issue and how people were forced to buy water can. A small step can make a big change in the future, in that way I feel proud that I achieved a glass of water from the same restaurant and I would like others to join hands and create a change. #voiceoutfforthefreesupplyofwaterinfoodcourts#stopcapitalisminwater#

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog