Movie review "Star"

 Once I heard that “People in the cinema field wait and work persistently without tiring towards their goal without immediate results”.  To my wonder, the opening dialogue carries impactful meaning and it was delivered by pandiyan to his son Kalai as follows“one should be in the art to entertain the audience instead of money and pride.” Even though these two dialogues give two different meanings but it is interconnected. I feel that the people in the cinema field really like their work and to be known for their work. So, the director will be known for this movie “Star” Bravo dude! 

This week I would like to share one of my favorites, “STAR”. To be explicit,  I was expecting some heartfulness from this particular movie because of the actor Kavin. I must say that his choice of stories is not only entertaining instead it is more heartfelt and we can connect with the movie. No one believes me, I have watched the movie "Dada"countless times, whenever I feel abyss.

Some of the dialogues are really thought -provoking and give a reality check, unlike the mass dialogue which can give goosebumps. I was so touched when the director showed the character Kalai as an aspiring actor in a realistic and determined way. He showed the process of becoming an actor in an enlightened and persistent manner. Also, he didn’t fail to show the real world of cinema where nothing is permanent. When it comes to metaphors, I liked the usage of rain  by the director when Kalai outbursts his emotions, the cinematography on the journey of road when Kalai takes up seems to be smooth at first but the sudden change of events are captured well. I must appreciate that this movie didn’t objectify women anywhere. 

I am going to talk about the heroines of the movies Preiti Mukundhan and Aaditi Pohankar. Firstly, I must say, both characters are equally supporting for the main character and share equal weightage. I like certain deliverance of characters like Geethamkailasam, and Lal in the movie. I noticed Lal sir’s accent was mixed with Malayalam but it sounds so good to hear.  Geetham Kailasam showed her character in an undramatic way and I even liked her performance in the movie “Lover”. 

I Must appreciate the director Elan for delivering such a good-feel movie and the selection of casts are so impressive. I feel the director brings the best out of each character. I must say, Tamil directors are experimenting and taking up new concepts and the audience is more developing here too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog